Release of com.oonics 5.0 for RHEL5 NFS and RHEL6 NFS Sharedroot
The comoonics.org project is proud to announce the availability of Version 5.0 for the com.oonics Enterprise IT Platform for RHEL5, RHEL6 with NFS as shared root file system.
The comoonics.org project is very proud to announce the availability of the Version 5.0 for the com.oonics Enterprise IT Platform featuring the open sharedroot cluster project.
As a first step the NFS shared root for RHEL5 and RHEL6 have uccessfully passed the quality assurance tests.
For all other customers we still recommend to use the current version com.oonics 4.6.
- The /etc/cluster/cluster.conf is not required any more but local configuration files at their current positions can be used
- The whole CDSL tools have been rewritten and greatly enhanced. So that it is now possible to use multiple different file systems all with support for CDSLs.
- The Flexd and Flexboot features have been implemented so that a locally installed server can be bootet on different platforms without changes (this is our very flexible answer to the P2V , V2V).
- All man pages have been rewritten
- Multiple more fixes and features that will greatly enhance the speed and appearance of the com.oonics initrd and cluster tools.
- RHEL6 with NFS, Ext3, Ext4 and GFS2
- RHEL5 with NFS, Ext3, Ext4, GFS and GFS2
- SLES11 with NFS, Ext3 and Ocfs2
Only NFS with RHEL5, RHEL6 is currently supported in production environments. More is still to come. All with and without configuration via /etc/cluster/cluster.conf.
The following time line is setup for the production release for the other technologies:
- Nov. 2011 RHEL5, RHEL6, SLES11 Ext3, Ext4
- 02 Jan. 2012 RHEL5 GFS/GFS2, RHEL6 GFS2
- tbd. SLES11 NFS and OCFS2
- ongoing: Adoption of online documentation